Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

So this was a lovely 3 days off from work.

On Saturday Stan and I went to Ixonia where his band played at the Ixonia Pub. It was some guy's birthday and we all hid and yelled surprise when he came in. I haven't a clue who he was but his friends put out some delicious food for him and a lovely cake. :) The band was not hired for his party; they were there to play for the evening after the party but as anyone who knows me knows that I think food that's free and not meant for me tastes the best.

Then on Sunday we went to Mike & Rita's for their holiday party. I ate way too much. I don't like bratwursts, they look like hotdogs but they don't taste like them and everytime I eat one I think it's a hotdog and I am disappointed when it's not. Bummer. But other than that it was a lot of fun, Stan brought a bunch of fireworks and set shit ablaze. Rita's mom took us up to the barn and let us see all the beautiful horses; she raises Morgans & Gypsys. 2 of the mares are due to foal any minute now, and they were grumpy and huge. I walked into the barn and almost lost it, the smell of well maintained barn just took me back so many years that I choked up and started almost crying. I did cry on the ride home explaining to Stan why - he had the same type of experience with Breck shampoo & conditioner (do you believe they still make that?) the other day. Smells bring back such vivid memories to me.

Saturday when we got home Mr. Ito had gotten into Heather's room and shat up the joint. We were gone for about 12 hours so I cannot really blame him, but still, ew. Sunday he was much better and left no gifts for us. Last night when we got home, I was outside walking him and I hear a cat crying. I spot him over at the funeral home, flipping around in the grass on his back and I thought he had been hit and was writhing in pain. I ran the dog back to the house and went over there, thankfully he was fine, he was just doing that weird cat thing where they roll around wanting attention. He came into the sunporch with me, and I fed him, and then he left. He was a very cute little orange tomcat. Very healthy & friendly, probably either someone's pet or a very smart neighborhood beggar cat. It was nice to see him and I'm sure he'll stop back by later. We DO NOT want a pet cat but I enjoy visiting with friendly cats, and that he was.

Today I did a whole bunch of nothing, my back is very sore and I spent the day in bed, napping on & off. I've had some wierd dreams, one of them being a girl from my work was actually my cousin and I took her to Heather's school, and for some reason one of Heather's teachers didn't believe me when I told her who we were and made us stay in the classroom and take a test thinking we were students. Heather then got into (more) trouble at school and I came to the office to talk to the discipline guy (again) only this time he didn't believe me when I told him who I was either and I got into trouble as well and spent my day in the in school suspension area. A combination of my memories of school (ISS) and Heather's bad behaviour lately (discipline guy, skipping school, state police, etc). It was odd. Very odd.

I just cut up a cantaloupe and watermelon for my lunches this week, and we also have some pineapple & peaches, I might make a fruit mix. Yum. Stan made tuna steaks for dinner, just barely braised on the outside and raw on the inside, sort of semi-sushi. I made some couscous to go with, and it was pretty good. My tuna steak was huge and I couldn't eat it all.

That's about it. I'm still in the bed, covered in Lidoderm patches on my back and ass. Sexy I know. :) I've been watching a day long marathon of Land of the Lost, the 1970's version on SciFi all day. I've never seen this show before and it's so cheesy and great. I'm in love with it! The new movie coming out with Will Ferrell looks good, but without the claymation dinosaurs, and the horrible green screen effects, I don't think it will be as campy fun as the original show, of course. But it does look funny. Not funny/good enough to go see at the theatre, but redbox good.

I've taken 2400mg of Ibuprofen today, 40mg of Methadone, and 60mg of Hydrocodone today. I still hurt, even with 4 of these Lidocaine patches on. No fun. I was very active this weekend and I know that's why. I couldn't even bring myself to go around the block with Mr. Ito today, poor guy had to be stuck with going out on the leash in the yard to do his business and no fun today. Don't feel too bad for him, he did get a few big bites of my Tuna before I turned over the remainder that I couldn't eat to Stan. :) I love my dog and my husband, I am a lucky person. I love my daughter, too, but she's been gone all weekend in the Dells since she had to work all weekend it was easier for her to just stay with her friend. She's even staying tonight which will be cool as long as she can find her way to school and stay away from Clayton's. Clayton's is a motel which for some reason allows high school kids to stay there unattended, and her one friend (not the one she's been with over the weekend) lives there with her boyfriend. Classy, no? This place is one of those gross old motels where you park right in front of the room you live in, and they don't rent per night (or by hour, thankfully) but rather by the week and are meant for long term living. I know, like I said, classy! Well her friend's parents allow her to live there with her boyfriend and walk the block to school and Heather just thinks that's the coolest thing since sliced bread. When she skipped school one day she was there....and now she knows that she's not permitted there anymore. God help her if she's found there again. Ah teenagers, they are so wise and all knowledgable...it's a sin they don't run the world. LOL

Happy Memorial day to anyone who reads this blog. I doubt anyone does, but hey, it's a free world and anyone's welcome to do so, I'm doing it for myself nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment